In case you need a refresher course – check out the first Sh!t Clift Sends Me here and the second here. Got a lot of video for you this time around. And don’t forget to look for a bonus piece of Sh!t Rebekah Sends Me, because you won’t want to miss it!
- Here is Stephen Fry explaining exactly why classical music remains relevant to today’s youth, even if he does open with “Dubstep is my life.”
- “This Richter clip should be labeled ‘organ porn.'” Duly noted!
- Here, as the narrator informs us, Siegfried’s death scene.
- Here’s a fascinating article from the Montreal Gazette about the rising rock star status of the conductor and his current role in an orchestra.
- Here’s an article from Scientific American pointing out that even a small amount of musical training is beneficial to your brain.
- Here’s Don Giovanni and a condom. I don’t understand why you’re so surprised.
- This article begins thusly: “I’m going to start with Bach the rebel. The badass.”
- And let’s finish things off with some jazz.
- Here’s your bonus from Rebekah! And it is beautiful, beautiful. Its source is a parody website lampooning right wing religious types, which hopefully does not offend, but COME ON: “Violins were invented by a homosexual devil worshipper.” Call your school board and shut down your child’s orchestra program before it’s too late, everybody!
This concludes this edition of Sh!t Clift Sends Me.
* “I fully expect you to include this as a footnote,” said Clift. Done.