- This week the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra’s BSO SuperPops pays tribute to a better time, where everyone wore a fedora (this is only vaguely relevant but I like the old fedora look). Anyway, the concert is called “The Golden Age of Black and White” and features music of the ’50s. October 11 at Strathmore; October 12-14 at the Meyerhoff. [ See it! ]
- Or if you prefer something a little more, y’know, classical, a small collection of musicians from the BSO swing by the Weinberg Center for the Arts in Frederick on October 13 to perform some chamber pieces. [ See it! ]
- Or if you want to get loud about your classical, the National Symphony Orchestra is busting out the Wagner lieder, plus Bruckner‘s seventh symphony. October 11 – 13. [ See it! ]
- This week at Strathmore: Hindustani music, classical guitarists Duo Amaral, and roots rock. [ See the calendar! ]
- Also at Strathmore – check out this online auction to benefit the My First Ticket program! All proceeds go to exposing children to the arts. [ Get bidding! ]
If you’d like your concert included in next week’s roundup, leave a comment or drop me a line.