I promised when I had more info about the Rusty Musicians concerts I’d let you know. Well, I do, and now I am! This comes straight from the email sent out to the participants, and it doesn’t get any further down the horse’s throat than that.
- First to reiterate: the concerts are on Tuesday, February 2 and Thursday, February 4, both at 6:00 pm at Strathmore.
- In addition to the Tchaikovsky, the program features Elgar’s Nimrod.
- Apparently there are going to be four concerts over a four hour period per night, from 6-10 pm, with four different sets of Rusty Musicians cycling through for eight total over the two concerts. Including both rehearsal and performance time, the experience will be about 40 minutes long.
- Quote the web page, “Patrons are welcome to come and go as they please while being courteous to the performers.” So I guess that means your family can come in just for your particular time slot and leave after it’s over, or stay if they wish. Or that’s how I interpret it and it seems right. Participants receive one free ticket for themselves if they’d like to see another time slot perform.
- Maestra Alsop would like to assure the participants that while she does want you to practice, this is meant to be a “low stress” environment, and no one’s going to kill you if you screw up a run or two. OR SO SHE SAYS. (Look, all I’m saying is, if Alsop was looking at ME down the other end of a conductor’s baton, I’d straighten up and fly right real quick. But that’s just me.)
- Participants have been sent a link to access audio files of Alsop’s previous Tchaikovsky and Elgar recordings, so they can listen to them as part of their preparations.
- No photography or audio/video recording will be permitted. Sorry.
- Another email will be sent out later in the week with information such as check in locations and times and waivers and things of that nature. I won’t be posting this information because I figure the people who need it will have it, but if anyone is in a panic leave a comment or send me an email and I’ll see what I can do.
This ends your Rusty Musician coverage for the time being. Now run and play.