Oboe, oh bother.
Benevolent Dictator Jamie, an oboist herself, sent me this article from the New York Times under the email heading “for your blog” and with the copy “some of these quotes are disturbingly true.” Therefore we can conclude that the following facts are accurate about this “peculiar lot”:
- Oboists hold dinners exclusively for other oboists.
- Some oboists are “like [rock stars];” as such, oboists hyperventilate over Albrecht Mayer.
- When Mayer practices Mozart in Venice, “it comes out Vivaldi” (I like you, Herr Mayer).
- Oboists play the oboe by blowing through a tree.
- If you are big enough deal, you can design, produce, and play your own oboe prototype.
- If the terrorists ever blow up a gaggle of oboists, THEY WIN.
To read more about What Oboists Do, click here.
Note: B. D. Jamie has a picture in her cubicle of a restaurant sign that says “BEATS THE [EXPLETIVE] OUT OF PLAYING THE OBOE.” I’m not commentating, I’m just saying.